Maintaining a regular exercise routine throughout your pregnancy could help you to stay healthy and feel your best. Regular exercise during pregnancy could help you to correct your posture and backaches. If you are physically active before pregnancy, you should continue the same at a slow pace. Low impact exercises are encouraged.
If you are not exercised before pregnancy, you can safely start an exercise program with the help of a personal trainer. But do not try a new and vigorous exercise. Walking is considered as a safe exercise during pregnancy.
Hazards of Exercise During Pregnancy:
If you have a medical problem like asthma, heart disease or diabetes exercise may not be advisable or if you face pregnancy-related diseases like
- Low placenta
- Bleeding or spotting
- Threatened or recurrent miscarriage
- Previous episode of premature birth or early labor
- Weak Cervix
Safe Exercises During Pregnancy:
Most of the exercises are safest during pregnancy till you exercise with caution and do not overdo it. Among all here are the Top safest exercises during Pregnancy:
- Brisk Walking
- Indoor Stationary Cycling
- Low impact aerobics (With help of instructor)
- Step or elliptical machines
- Jogging in moderate style
Exercises should avoid During pregnancy:
- Holding your breath during an activity
- Activities that are likely to fall such as horse riding.
- Contact sports like softball, football, basketball, and volleyball
- Exercises that cause mild trauma to stomach like rapid changing motion exercises
- Activities like rapid jumping, hopping, skipping, bouncing or running
- Avoid deep knee bends, full sit-ups, double leg raises and straight leg toe touches
- Bouncing while stretches
- Avoid waist twisting movements while standing
- Exercise under hot sun, humid weather
- Avoid exercising for longer periods
Safe Pregnancy Exercise Program Consists of:
The main of the exercise routine is to strengthen and condition your muscles. Always start your exercise with warmup session and later continue with cardio for about 15minutes. Here are some basic pregnancy guidelines for Pregnant women.
- Wear loose fitting dresses while doing exercises, just like a sports bra
- Choose best shoes that are prepared for the exercises that you perform. These can help you in protecting injuries
- Exercise on a flat level surface to prevent injuries
- Consume enough foods that can meet your calories burn. Pregnant women need 300 more calories than usual
- Finish eating foods at least one hour before your exercise
- Never exercise to the peak levels. You can talk while exercising and do not over exert
- Drink enough amounts of water before, after and during the exercise
- After completing floor exercises raise slowing to prevent dizziness.
Pregnancy Changes that affect your exercise:
- Your developing baby and other organs need extra energy and extra oxygen.
- Hormones that are produced during pregnancy could restrict some stretches that might cause injuries
- Extra weight could put on stress on the major joints. Weight shifting and maintaining of the center of gravity is a must.
Warnings for Pregnant Women during Exercises:
Stop exercising during…
- When you feel chest pain
- You have abdominal pain, pelvic pain, and persistent contractions
- You have a headache
- Absence or decreased fetal movements
- When you feel dizziness, faint and nausea
- You notice an irregular heartbeat
- Swellings in major joints
- Difficulty in walking
- Muscle weakness
- You feel chills
- Vaginal bleedings
- When a sudden leakage of fluid from vagina takes place
Resume of Exercises after Pregnancy:
It is the best way to consult your doctor regarding this because the health condition may vary from person to person and the mode of delivery. If you are eager to get into shape, start your pre-delivery exercises slowly and follow the recommendations of your doctor. Do not overdo any exercise as it may lead to further complications. Follow these Simple pregnancy exercises to have healthy and safe delivery.